So. It’s the 25th of November. Word count should be: 41,667.
Are you there?
Yes? ROCK ON.
…..No? Alright. I’ve got something for you.
Time for a few more word count tricks:
- All your compound words. Take them apart.
- Introduce a stupid character who needs to have everything explained, twice.
- Have your characters play a game. (I personally like UNO or monopoly.)
- Have romantic undertones? Put the lovebirds in a room with no witnesses, see what ensues.
- Introduce a disaster to the plot.
- Find a word crawl that you have an interest in. (the Harry Potter ones are amazing, MLHGL writes star trek ones, there’s even a Hamilton crawl already.)
Now, those useful links:
If you’re behind, the first one is all for you, and know that we suggest it in person every time someone starts freaking out about their word counts or their ability to word war if they’re on their own.
Write or Die – The most intense writing motivator program ever – there’s even a mode that will erase your words if you don’t go fast enough.
24 Quotes about Writing – From Robert Frost to Joss Whedon, some inspirational quotes about writing to get you going.
World Building Guide – An anthology of links on how to build your fictional world
‘Seductive’ Writing Tips – How to draw readers in to what you write. Not just for noveling.